Work side by side with fellow Legal Marketing Association (LMA) members to make a difference locally, internationally or in a focus area you are passionate about. Among influential peers, there are so many ways to get involved and expand your leadership experience and network, such as:
- 40 local steering committees;
- 12 international committees;
- 10 Shared Interest Groups (SIGs);
- 7 regional governing boards;
- 3 international task forces;
- LMA Board of Directors; and
- countless event-focused opportunities.
Pathways to Leadership
Interested in a volunteer leadership role with LMA? There are several levels at which you can serve. If you’re looking into the pathway toward taking a leadership role within LMA but don’t know where to start, review the following materials:
The Expression of Interest for the International Board of Directors is now closed.
Regional Governing Boards
The Expression of Interest period for all 2022 regional governing board positions is now open. Expression of Interest for the U.S.-based regions closes at 5 p.m. CT on Thursday, July 22. The Canadian Expression of Interest closes at 5 p.m. CT on Friday, July 30.
The regional nominating committee has begun its annual process of determining the slate of candidates to fill the 2022 regional governing board of directors.
- Each nominee must have been a member of LMA for at least one year at the time of nomination.
- A candidate must be a member in good standing (i.e., dues must be current), and they must have been a member for at least one year in a local group located in the appropriate region.
- A candidate must have approval of employer, if applicable, to participate in board service.
- No individual may serve on more than one LMA board (international, regional or local steering committee) at any one time.
- A candidate may only apply to one regional governing board/local steering committee.
Express Your Interest
To begin the regional governing board nominating process, please complete the Regional Expression of Interest Form for your region.
After a thorough evaluation process, LMA members in your region will ratify the regional governing board slate in late August, with the new directors beginning their service on January 1, 2022.
If you have questions, please contact LMA Operations Sr. Manager, Ashley Stenger. or RLC Chair, John Byrne.
Local Steering Committees
More information about the 2022 LSC positions—as well as roles, responsibilities and the nominations process—will be coming soon.
If you have questions, please contact your regional board.
Become a Volunteer Leader
Ideal volunteers are those willing and able to step outside their own individual experiences to consider what’s best for the LMA as a whole. If you are unsure where you fit in, please review our core qualities of great volunteer leaders. All volunteers must be LMA members in good standing in order to serve.
2022 volunteer opportunities will open Fall 2021
*Some committees are filled by appointment and will not be listed when the call for volunteers opens.