Sponsored by: LMA Talent Development Committee
Domain: Marketing Management and Leadership
BoK Competency: Department Management and Motivation
Volunteer leadership positions make you a better professional and more valuable to your organization. These roles allow you to hone your skills in communication, organization, public speaking, project management, and so much more. Ultimately, they lead to career growth.
Have you considered volunteering for an LMA leadership position, but aren’t sure where best to begin? Are you an LMA volunteer leader and looking to inspire the next generation? Do you manage a team and are looking for tips on how to encourage your team members to actively volunteer and pursue professional development opportunities in LMA?
During this session, hear from three experienced leaders in our field and in LMA on best practices for leadership involvement, tips and tricks for inspiring the next generation, and how to get started in your volunteer leadership track in LMA.
- Identify best practices to present the business case for your leadership involvement for professional development
- Understand the benefits of volunteer leading and professional growth, and why it matters
- Identify where to get involved in LMA
- Leave with tactics to inspire and advocate your colleagues and peers to volunteer
- Discover the tools LMA provides and hear tips on how to get plugged in and maximize your involvement
Kelly MacKinnon, Director of Business Development, Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP, LMA International 2021 President
Tasneem K. Khokha, Managing Director, GrowthPlay
M. Ashraf Lakhani, Chief Business Development and Marketing Officer, Porter Hedges LLP, LMA International 2018 President
Jessica Haarsgaard, Business Development Manager, Burr & Forman LLP (Moderator)
Price: Complimentary for Members