Greetings to everyone as we start a new year! I am honoured to take on the role of LMA Canada President and to be working alongside such an incredible group of Directors and other volunteers. It promises to be a stellar year for LMA Canada, highlighted by our very own Brenda Plowman serving as President of the LMA International Board of Directors. Congratulations to Brenda – we are looking forward to the benefits of her guidance and leadership in 2022. We are so pleased to welcome our new LMA Europe region and look forward to collaborating with them moving forward.
Looking back at the extraordinary challenges that we have all experienced over the past two years, I realize how much I cherish the relationships that I have developed during the past 20+ years as a member of the LMA. Being part of a network with so many remarkable and talented people has provided me with a bedrock of support, both personal and professional. I have so many good friends that I never would have met if not for LMA. It is an exceptional organization, run by exceptional people.
On that note, I would like to introduce the 2022 LMA Canada Board of Directors. I extend my thanks to each of them for the commitment that they are making.
- Alison Janzen, President (Torkin Manes LLP)
- Sharon Murray, President-Elect/Treasurer (Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP)
- Morgan MacLeod, Immediate Past-President, Programming Chair (Cubicle Fugitive)
- Felicity Aston, Treasurer-Elect, Events Chair (Field Law)
- Michelle Bell, Sponsorships Chair (BLG)
- Lindsey Bombardier, Communications Chair/LMANext Chair (Lenczner Slaght)
- Lindsay Everitt, LMAExec Chair (Goodmans LLP)
- Valérie Laplante, Local Steering Committee Board Liaison/Membership Co-Chair (BLG)
- Johanna Mills, Secretary (McCarthy Tétrault)
- Ruth Morayniss, Membership Co-Chair (Beard Winter LLP)
In addition to the Board of Directors, we have a dedicated team of volunteers supporting our organization across the country. Our programming team has been hard at work organizing educational sessions for 2022 including webinars, roundtables, and workshops. Our communications team will make sure you have the information you need, when you need it and will continue to produce new content to help you thrive in your day jobs. Finally, our events team is gearing up for in-person socials and networking sessions just as soon as it is safe to do so.
Don’t miss out on the tremendous value to be found in the LMA community. Follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn to stay connected and informed. If you aren’t already a member of the LMA, I encourage you to join. I promise, you won’t regret it. And if you are already a member and want to volunteer, we’d love to get to know you better. There are a lot of opportunities to get involved and I would be happy to speak with you about it. Feel free to reach out to me at any time.