I hope everyone has had a great start to the new year! I am honoured to serve as your 2023 LMA Canada President. Our incredible group of Directors on the LMA Canada Board and our amazing group of volunteers are excited about what the year holds for us. The theme of this year for our region will be reconnecting.
More than 10 years ago when I first joined the LMA, I was thoroughly impressed by the caliber of talent, support, and comradery that permeated the organization and I knew right away this was something I wanted to be a part of. Fast forward to 2023 – as we navigate out of the pandemic and on the heels of a very successful Regional Conference in Toronto, I am excited about what lies ahead for us this year. From in-person programming that will allow us to get back in touch with friends and colleagues in the industry and meet new ones who have joined, to cutting edge educational content, we have exciting things planned for this year. I urge all of you to stay tuned and stay engaged!
With that, it is my great privilege to introduce the 2023 LMA Canada Board of Directors. Thank you for all you do in service to LMA!
- Hans Chang, President (McMillan LLP)
- Alison Janzen, Immediate Past-President, Sponsorship Chair (Torkin Manes LLP)
- Felicty Aston, Treasurer (Field Law)
- Michelle Bell, LMANext Chair (Miller Thomson LLP)
- Kaley Green, Secretary (Fogler, Rubinoff)
- Katherine Hutchinson, Programming Chair (Bennett Jones LLP)
- Valérie Laplante, Local Steering Committee Board Liaison/Membership Co-Chair (BLG)
- Ruth Morayniss, Former Membership Co-Chair January - September 2023
- Sarah Short, Communications Chair (McLennan Ross LLP)
Of course, none of the work we do is possible without the amazing team of volunteers we have across the country who work tirelessly to bring programming to their respective local groups. Thank you so much for your hard work and for all you do for the LMA.
New to LMA and not sure where to start? Volunteering is the best way to get involved and get connected to this awesome community of ours. Not yet a member but interested in learning more? Please feel free to reach out to me or any of the Canadian Board of Directors – we’d love to sit down with you for a coffee.
To every current, past, and prospective member of the LMA, my “door” is always open for you. If you would like to connect, please don’t hesitate to reach out.