Domain: Marketing Management and Leadership, Communications
Marketing and business development professionals are great at promoting the business, explaining the value derived by the service to the prospective client, and winning the business. Flip the script: how are we at quantifying and communicating our own value? The value that we bring to our firm/company? "You are only as good as the last thing you did." Well, no more.
In this session, we explore techniques that can be used in everyday scenarios when faced with high pressure and difficult conversations. We will walk through how to ensure your accomplishments align with the firm’s business strategy and priorities - what really matters to firm leadership, the business owners. We will dive into what to track and how to measure, to qualitatively and quantitatively describe how your contributions enable firm goal achievement. We will do this with the simplest of tools accessible to anyone. Leave this session with strategies on how to develop value statements that provide the scope and magnitude to explain the impact of your accomplishments and explore how to put the value statements to work for you in a live group exercise. Strengthening your ability to quantify and communicate your value will further define your personal brand and will spotlight the positive impacts your achievements have contributed to the firm.
- Identify and demonstrate an understanding of the business strategy and goals of the firm, your department, your personal annual goals, etc.
- Discuss how key stake holders communicate, what they value and measure
- Develop performance goals, define what to track and how to measure.
- Discuss how to do this with the simplest of tools available to legal marketers at firms of all sizes
- Construct value statements that provide the scope and magnitude to explain the impact of your accomplishments (both qualitative and quantitative).
- Communicate in the language of your key stakeholders Demonstrate how to put the value statements to work for you by role-playing through a variety of scenarios (educate, promote, negotiate, leverage) in a live group exercise
Amy Payton Verhulst, Director of Marketing, Business Development & Communications, Coats Rose, P.C.
Nancy Spivey, Marketing Director, DBL Law
Member Price: $59
Prospective Member Price: $79