Date: September 28, 2023
Time: 1:00 pm CT
Sponsored by: Solo/Small Team SIG & Competitive Intelligence SIG
Domain: Business of Law
BoK Competency: Competitive and Business Intelligence
Competitive intelligence research requests can seem daunting for small marketing teams with modest resources. Where do you begin? What tools are at your disposal? How can you be sure your deliverables provide business development value to the requestor?
Join the Competitive Intelligence and Solo/Small Team SIGs as we host speakers Emy Cook, Head of Operations & Marketing at Powers Taylor LLP, and Steven Medley, Competitive Intelligence Program Manager at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati. Emy and Steve will teach us how to approach these requests efficiently and deliver impactful results. Session highlights will include:
- The Art of Inquiry: Often, the quality of intelligence is dictated by the quality of questions asked. We'll discuss how to ask insightful, probing questions to extract the most valuable data. Participants will learn how to formulate effective questions to uncover the information that's truly relevant to their presentation.
- Scoping and Scaling CI Findings: We'll explain how to refine and focus your competitive intelligence data, narrowing it down to the most pertinent insights.
- Templates and Resources: We'll introduce tools designed to guide you in structuring and presenting your findings in a manner that's both comprehensive and easily understood. These tools will also assist in streamlining your research process.
- Discover how to ask the right questions to uncover the most relevant information.
- Explore how to focus your intelligence data.
- Understand how to structure and present your findings in easy-to-understand templates.
Steven Medley, Competitive Intelligence Program Manager, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
Emy Cook, Head of Operations & Marketing, Powers Taylor LLP
Prospective Members: $59