Domain: Communications, Business Development, Client Services
During 2020, several disasters took place in addition to the COVID-19 pandemic. Law firms stepped up to help their communities by providing pro-bono services and aiding recovery efforts. This presentation will provide an overview of case studies surrounding unique community services in 2020 and how legal marketers designed programs around corporate citizenship, receiving national attention in the media. Additionally, we will discuss how doing the right thing increases the client following.
- Ball Janik helped Oregon residents and businesses in the Cascade Mountain range who were devastated by wildfires. They helped restore internet connectivity and communication to get businesses, schools, and residents up and running during the pandemic.
- Waller helped Tennessee residents with the recovery efforts from the deadly tornadoes before the COVID lockdowns. Several months later, the firm revamped its holiday gifting process and worked with clients to select a charity of choice. Waller also made contributions to food banks in all six of their markets.
- Porzio, Bromberg & Newman assisted underprivileged communities and struggling businesses during the pandemic by offering pro bono services to the City of Newark. The firm also provided business and legal support to struggling local businesses in the area. In lieu of traditional holiday gifts, the firm distributed a book written by New Jersey’s first African-American Supreme Court Justice and donated to the Law Firm Anti-Racism Alliance on behalf of its clients.
The moderator will call on each presenter to share real-life scenarios of how these efforts further deepened their relationships with their communities, enhanced their firm’s external messaging and connection to clients, all while being good corporate citizens.
- Identify opportunities for corporate citizenship and how to build internal support and buy-in
- Discuss how to leverage corporate citizenship initiatives for client development opportunities
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the program including the program's impact on client loyalty
- Review how to implement corporate citizenship programs into the firm's strategic plans and objectives
Amanda N. Loesch, Chief Marketing Officer, Porzio, Bromberg & Newman, P.C.
Elle Walch, Business Development and Marketing Manager, Ball Janik LLP
Morgan Ribeiro, Chief Business Development Officer, Waller Lansden Dortch & Davis, LLP
Ioana Good, Founder + PR Strategist, Promova, LLC
Member Price: $59
Prospective Member Price: $79