Sponsored by: PR SIG & CMO SIG
BoK Competency: Message and Strategy Planning
As legal marketers make their plans for 2024, this session featuring two law firm CMOs will help communicators set PR goals that advance their firms’ overall strategy. With moderation from CMO SIG co-chair Amanda Loesch and questions from the audience, our panelists will offer guidance and best practices to help you think through key questions such as:
- Where and how does PR strategy fit into your firm’s overall strategic planning process?
- Who, among firm leadership, decides what key messages your firm is communicating to key audiences?
- Who reviews PR content and what criteria do they use?
- What metrics and results should you track regarding the effectiveness of your firm’s communication efforts?
- What do you do when a crisis throws you off from your original plan?
- Identify ways firm marketers can connect with firm leadership in order to clearly understand firm strategy, including the best questions to ask and when to ask them.
- Discuss best practices for setting PR goals and tracking progress against them in order to demonstrate the strategic value of your PR and broader Communications work.
- Understand how key processes, such as content review, can help elevate the perceived strategic value of your communications work.
Jeanne Hammerstrom, Chief Marketing Officer, Benesch
Chris Hinze, Chief Marketing and Business Development Officer, Steptoe & Johnson LLP
Amanda Loesch, Chief Marketing Officer, Day Pitney LLP (Moderator)
Prospective Members: $59