Authored by: Levi Wick, LMA Minnesota Communications Director
The Minnesota Local Group hosted an education program focusing on building an experience database and identifying existing data. On May 4, 2023, Laura Toledo, Chief Communications Architect at EM Dash Consulting, shared some best practices, showed how get started on identifying data, and walked us through ways to make the most of the data we collect.
Watch the program on-demand here.
- Think about what types of information you want to collect and track: what pieces of information are important to you? What would be most helpful for you and your organization? Consider info related to one-pagers, RFPs, pitches, articles, sponsorships, and more.
- Utilize tools such as Airtable, Zapier, and Slack to create and utilize a positive and efficient workflow, identifying relationships between many different tasks, tags, topics, documents, etc.
- Don’t be afraid to dig in and experiment with new, up-and-coming tech tools! Test them in a way that makes sense for your particular needs: whether it be for testimonials, blogs, articles, social media, awards and recognitions, or a plethora of other concepts, these tools are meant to ease stress, create an effective workflow, and save time and effort!
- Play around with the idea of automation and using it for both personal and professional related concepts to help develop skills and expertise at your own pace in a way that enhances your capabilities.
Questions? Reach out to Laura Toledo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay in Touch:
• Subscribe to email updates from LMA-MN.
• Follow LMA Midwest on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook to stay up to date with programs and other offerings.
• Join the LMA Facebook Group to participate in community discussions.
Become Involved with LMA
• Have ideas for presentation topics, want to present, or help out in other ways? Contact LMA-MN Programming Co-Directors, Amanda Bekric at email@example.com and Kristin Olmstead at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• To learn more about becoming involved with the Minnesota Local Steering Committee, please fill out LMA’s online volunteer leadership form or contact LMA-MN Chair Mercedes Smith at email@example.com.