Sponsored by: LMA Diversity, Equity & Inclusion SIG
Domains: Business Development & Business of Law
BoK Competencies: Business Development Coaching/Training & Attorney Talent Recruitment, Compensation, Professional Development, and Retention
In this program, an AmLaw 100 CMO, a top national recruiter, and an AmLaw 100 Partner will share insights on how firms can do better in recruiting and retaining diverse attorneys—and how marketing professionals can help. Sitting in Seattle, Atlanta, and New York, the three speakers bring experience that truly covers the nation.
- Deborah Ruffins, Chief Marketing Officer, Perkins Coie
- Carlos Pauling, Executive Director, Partner Practice Group, Major Lindsey & Africa
- Morgan Fraser Mouchette, Partner, Blank Rome
The conversation will touch on the role of the recruiter and marketing/BD teams and how each can add value in the onboarding and integration processes. In addition, we will dive into pain points and best practices in recruiting and retaining diverse lawyers, as well as how you can help create an inclusive atmosphere within your firm during the lateral integration process.
- Introduce strategies for recruiting and retaining diverse hires, so marketing, BD, PR, and client service professionals can identify their own opportunities to help.
- Identify what it means to create an inclusive atmosphere for diverse hires, and specifically how marketers can help—or inadvertently hurt—that atmosphere.
- Learn what keeps and what drives diverse hires away, and where marketing, BD, and client service professionals are uniquely poised to help.
Deborah Ruffins, Chief Marketing Officer, Perkins Coie
Carlos Pauling, Executive Director, Partner Practice Group, Major Lindsey & Africa
Morgan Fraser Mouchette, Partner, Blank Rome
Prospective Members: $59