The LMA Your Honor Awards (YHA) program recognizes creativity, execution, achievement, and overall excellence in legal marketing across a range of categories that align with LMA’s Body of Knowledge. It also recognizes individual contributions to the legal marketing industry and the Mid-Atlantic region.
We invite you to share your recent successes, inspire your peers, and receive recognition during the YHA Ceremony, which will be hosted during the LMA Mid-Atlantic Regional Conference.
Please review the award categories described below, in addition to the FAQs regarding eligibility requirements. We can’t wait to read about what you’ve accomplished, and we look forward to coming together in Washington, DC at the LMA Mid-Atlantic Regional Conference on October 26, 2023, to celebrate your achievements.
Your Honor Awards: Firm Submission Categories
In 2023, we will be recognizing projects based on project type. You may submit a project that touches Business Development, Communications/PR/Branding, or Marketing Technology.
Details on sub-categories:
- Business Development: Drives new business and increased revenue for the law firm — both directly and indirectly — through client and prospect outreach, events, attorney coaching and mentoring, and market intelligence.
- Communications/PR/Branding: Entails developing and implementing internal and external messaging strategies to broaden the impact of a firm’s programs and brand position – including marketing campaigns and other tools used to raise the firm’s profile.
- Marketing Technology: Includes identification, implementation and effective management and deployment of technologies that support firm marketing strategies and overall revenue growth.
Your Honor Awards: Individual-Based Award Categories
LMA Mid-Atlantic members are encouraged to submit nominations for their deserving peers who have achieved distinction through service in our region and reflect the values and standards of the LMA community in the following individual-based award categories:
- Rising Star Award: This award recognizes professionals in the association who has fewer than 7 years of overall professional work experience. They should be one who is truly ‘one to watch’ because of their contribution to the profession, the association, and their community, and shows promise of leadership in the future.
- Member of the Year: This award recognizes an individual member who has demonstrated excellence in leadership in service of the Mid-Atlantic and its members. This volunteer’s dedicated service to the organization has made a significant difference in the community and mirrors their commitment to success in their profession.
- Lifetime Achievement: This award recognizes lifetime achievement of an individual in the legal marketing industry and their outstanding contributions to the association.
All entries must be received by Wednesday, September 20, 2023.
Entry Criteria and Rules
Please use the online ballot to enter this year’s Mid-Atlantic Your Honor Awards.
All LMA members in good standing are eligible to submit nominations and are encouraged to participate. Current LMA Board members at the international or regional level and/or members of the judging panel are not eligible. Past recipients of the Rising Star Award may not be recognized again.
Self-nominations are allowed, providing that a letter of recommendation is included.
Who can enter?
A law firm or an individual LMA member may submit entries, with the exception of those currently serving as a member of the Mid-Atlantic Region Board of Directors. Law firm partners such as service providers, consultants and vendors must provide written approval from the law firm to enter.
How long will it take me to complete a submission?
On average, a submission will take approximately 30-45 minutes to complete.
What is the deadline?
Friday, September 15, 2023
What timeframe is eligible for submission?
Any work produced to promote or market the services of a law firm between October 2022 and September 2023 is eligible to enter.
Can I send in a hard copy to enhance my submission?
No, we cannot accept any hard-copy submissions.
Still have questions?
E-mail Kiara Hughes at email@example.com or Rebecca Edwards Hnatowski at firstname.lastname@example.org.