Hosted by: Client Value SIG and Partnering with the Practice Management Group
Domain: Business of Law and Marketing Management & Leadership
BoK Competencies: Department Management & Motivation, and Firm & Practice Strategy & Planning
Those of us working in professional service firms are expected to lead change in our organizations, but are often thwarted by the organizational structure, power plays and politics endemic to law firms. How does one lead without authority or control? How does one bring about positive change in an organization that is inherently risk-adverse? How does a practice manager influence and persuade others to effect change?
LMA Hall of Fame recipient Mark Beese will discuss the challenges facing law firm leaders and introduce tactics and tools you can use to get your ideas accepted and effect change in your firms.
- Learn how to build trust and develop credibility with attorneys and staff
- Identify negotiation - a shared vision
- Engaging in strategic conversations
- How to use stories to persuade and influence others
- Motivating others to action
Mark Beese, President, Leadership for Lawyers, LLC
Price: Complimentary for Members