June 30, 2022 | 12:00 PM Eastern
For most law firms, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) programs focus on recruiting, retention, community service, leadership roles, pro bono, and sponsorships and financial commitments. There is a surprising lack of awareness and understanding about establishing, maturing and marketing a supplier diversity program. Also known as inclusive procurement, such efforts incorporate businesses owned by diverse individuals or groups into a firm’s supply chain. These programs include when the law firm is the supplier of services and/or is the purchaser of services from diverse vendor partners.
This presentation will dive into the following questions to help law firm marketers better understand the problem and come up with solutions:
- What is “supplier diversity” or “inclusive procurement”
- How does “supplier diversity” fit into the spectrum of DEI activities at law firms
- Who leads the effort at law firms and how is marketing involved
- How can law firms become certified diverse suppliers
- Who are the certifying organizations and other collaborators such as universities
- What are best practices from programs being run by law firm clients in corporate America, and
- What does the recently completed survey of every AmLaw 100 law firm reveal with regards to “supplier diversity” today.
Body of Knowledge (BoK)
: Business of Law, Marketing Management and LeadershipLocation:
$20 for LMA Members
$25 for Prospective MembersNOTE: Make sure to click all the way through registration in order to receive a confirmation email that will include the Zoom link.
About the Speakers:
Dave Poston, Esq. is the CEO, General Counsel and Co-Managing Partner of www.postoncommunications.com, which is certified as diverse vendor by the National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (www.nglcc.org). Poston Communications is a national public relations, content and crisis agency in its 18th year representing law firms and professional services organizations of all sizes. Their DEI work for law firms and Fortune 50 companies encompasses public relations, crisis and litigation PR, internal and client communications, awards, content and annual reports.
Lee Watts is the founder of https://ashbyandwatts.com/, a marketing and branding consulting firm raising the profiles and voices of emerging businesses and high-achieving individuals. A former CMO at an AmLaw200 law firm, Lee manages a team focused on unveiling clarity and executing strategy. Their services for law firms of all sizes include “Brand Clarity,” personal branding, individual coaching, monthly consulting for firms, and copywriting and messaging.
For questions or concerns about your event registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.